When Picking Your Destination
There are a couple of things that you need to ask yourself first:
- How many vacation days do you have?
- What’s your budget?
- What’s the weather like at each destination?
- Who are you traveling with? Some destinations are family-oriented, and others are for couples
- What type of experiences do you enjoy?
These questions will definitely narrow down your options.
When Booking Your Flight
Try to book your flight early. Based on this study, the best booking window depends on the season.
- In summer: it’s best to book 2 to 22 weeks in advance
- In autumn & winter: 3 to 15 weeks in advance
- In spring: 6 to 17 weeks in advance
Avoid peak seasons and holidays.
Consider a layover.
Check alternate airports.
Always look for deals!
Here’s a list of booking engines where you can find great deals and discounts:
When Booking Your Accommodation
Our goal here is to find the best price accommodation deal that fits our needs and I find booking.com, hotels.com, and agoda the best at that. They have a wide range of options with great prices and features.
Another great alternative especially for families is Airbnb. You can find numerous unique homes for affordable prices.
Things to do & Places to eat
It’s important to plan ahead and make a list of the must-see attractions. Sometimes it’s cheaper to buy the attraction tickets online. Also, many cities now have City Pass that offers discounted ticket packages for the best city attractions.
- Travel with a travel rewards credit card
- Notify your bank that you’re traveling
- Download XE Currency app for quick conversion rates
- Make a trip folder and print copies of:
- Flight tickets
- Accommodation reservation
- All bookings you made for the trip
- Visa if needed
Enjoy Your Trip!
Drifting a few feet above a coral reef, swimming alongside sharks, exploring a shipwreck, or even navigating through a cavern or cave. Every scuba diver had a challenge like that in mind when they began their Open Water training. Florida is one of the most popular...
Over the Labor Day Weekend holiday, I had the pleasure of heading down to Key West aka “The Conch Republic”, a destination I used to frequent with my family multiple times a year. We enjoyed the diving, fishing, and most importantly, the food! On this trip, I made a...
I’m writing this on the plane ride home from my overseas trip, where I got to experience the cultural similarities between neighboring island countries: Japan and the Philippines. With a time zone difference and 1,900 miles between them, these countries have shown me...